Teledyne CETAC Technologies Introduces the Iridia Laser Ablation System, the most significant laser ablation system to enter the industry in over a decade.
The Iridia Laser Ablation System is the next generation in high speed imaging applications.
Omaha, NE USA / May 27, 2019 -
Teledyne CETAC introduces the Iridia Laser Ablation System. The Iridia is the next generation in high speed imaging applications with an entirely new platform from previous systems. The Iridia was designed to be as efficient and flexible as possible for users wanting to run high speed, high rep rate analysis for both geology and bio-imaging applications.
With the release of the Iridia, Teledyne CETAC has simplified the design by developing a platform that is easy to operate, maintain and service while incorporating innovative design features to make the system as turn-key as possible. “Working on this system has been genuinely exciting. By partnering with the world's top analytical labs, we have learned a great deal about the needs of scientists wanting an elemental microscope to improve their ability to undertake bio and geo-imaging studies" stated Damon Green, Teledyne CETAC VP of Marketing and Technology. Green also added that “the key to the analytical improvements that this technology offers are in part due to the performance of the Cobalt cell." The Cobalt cell is a sample chamber that is fully integrated into the Iridia and is based off an industry-wide tube cell design. This design demonstrates high quality aerosol transport speeds in the single millisecond range. “We have taken the tube cell concept and developed it into a robust and flexible solution by putting in place a rigorous 12-month field testing program and as a result, we have high quality independent data showing the reliability, analytical performance and speed of the Cobalt cell" stated Damon Green.
Some of the notable features of the Iridia include:
- 500Hz laser gives ultimate reliability and performance
- Integrated, fully enclosed and actively vented gas cabinet
- Patented ExiCheck gas exchange module automatically exchanges the ArF gas on a pre-set interval with no need for user interaction
- Dual Attenuation enables stable low energy for bio-imaging applications
- Dual software-controlled polarizers for geo-imaging applications
- eQC energy measurement at the point of ablation in the sample chamber
- Demag optics increases spot size range
- Multi-use optics provides 5x lifetime for high fluence mirrors
- Full CLASS 1 (eye safe) operation, alignment and maintenance
- Pressurized purge with N2 generator option
About Teledyne CETAC Technologies
Teledyne CETAC Technologies, based in Omaha, NE USA is a worldwide leader in sample handling and sample introduction technologies for elemental analysis. Teledyne CETAC Technologies develops, manufactures and markets a family of products and services for customers around the world, for use in every industry where rapid and accurate determination of trace element concentrations is required.
Contact: Betsey Seibel, Director of Marketing Communications