The CEI-100 interface features a specialized low-flow nebulizer and low-volume spray chamber that maintains the high resolving power of capillary electrophoresis (CE) while utilizing the high sensitivity and multi-element capability of ICP-MS. The CEI-100 is especially useful for metallomic studies.
Features and Benefits
Through the calculation of optimal fluid mechanical flow properties, the CEI-100 provides the following features and benefits:
- Stable, high resolution electrophoretic separation
- Independent optimization of electrophoretic and nebulizer flows
- Low dead volume to preserve the high resolution of CE
- Minimal dilution (make-up liquid flow rate of <10 µL/min)
- Extremely low sample consumption (<1 µL/min)
- Elimination of detrimental secondary laminar flows within the CE capillary
CEI-100 Components: CEI-100 components include a specialized low-flow micro-concentric nebulizer, low-volume spray chamber, connecting cross piece fitting, and mounting stand. The mounting stand includes positions to hold buffer and rinse solutions.