When coupled to a compatible autosampler, the ASXPRESS® PLUS Rapid Sample Introduction Accessory minimizes times for sample delivery, stabilization, and washout with ICP-AES or ICP-MS. The result is increased sample throughput by up to 5 times or more. In addition, the ASXPRESS® PLUS reduces costs from argon, power, ICP-AES / ICP-MS components, and system maintenance.
Key Advantages of the ASXpress PLUS:
- Increase sample throughput
- Reduce sample delivery, stabilization and washout times
- Shorten sample batch run times
- Reduce sample waste
- Lower argon consumption
- Reduce electrical power use
- Reduce sample matrix exposure on ICP-AES / ICP-MS hardware
- Eliminate sample memory effects from peristaltic pump tubing
The ASXPRESS® PLUS Rapid Sample Introduction Accessory is compatible with all Teledyne CETAC autosamplers and several autosamplers from other manufacturers. Detailed compatiblity information can be found below.
Principle of Operation
The ASXPRESS® PLUS Rapid Sample Introduction Accessory increases sample throughput for ICP-AES and ICP-MS analysis by reducing sample loading, signal stabilization and washout times. Using proven technology, the ASXPRESS® PLUS combines a metal-free, 6-port injection valve with a sample loop and an inert, high-speed vacuum pump to rapidly load a sample aliquot prior to introduction to the standard nebulizer. The design of the ASXPRESS® PLUS facilitates rapid rinsing of the sample loop while simultaneously introducing sample to the ICP-AES or ICP-MS nebulizer. The segmented stream washout technology cleans liquid flow paths more completely and in less time. The result is additional time dedicated for sample analysis.
Load Position: The sample loop is loaded with sample via the autosampler probe uptake.
Inject/Rinse Position: The loaded sample is pumped to the nebulizer for analysis by the host ICP-AES or ICP-MS while the autosampler probe is moved to the rinse station and is washed.
Details of ASXpress PLUS Advantages
- Increase sample throughput in less time by optimizing sample introduction steps
- Virtually eliminates stabilization time by removing the need for "fast pumping," improving plasma stability
Reduce ICP-AES and ICP-MS Maintenance
- Extend the service life of components such as nebulizers, spray chambers, and ICP-MS sampling cones (sampler and skimmer) by reducing their exposure to the sample matrix
- Reduce sample consumption
- Reduce laboratory costs associated with argon consumption, electrical power use, and peristaltic pump tubing replacement
- Easy set-up with minimal modification to the analysis method
- No additional complex software required; all system parameters are stored in the ASXpress PLUS on-board processor
The ASXPRESS® PLUS Accessory is compatible with the CETAC ASX-500, ASX-510, ASX-520, ASX-560, ASX-260, EXR-8, ASX-1400 and ASX-1600 Autosamplers, PerkinElmer S10 and AS-93 PLUS Autosamplers, and Agilent SPS3 Autosampler.
The ASXPRESS® PLUS accessory integrates with most ICP-AES and ICP-MS systems and can be easily added to autosamplers currently in operation. The ASXPRESS® PLUS may be purchased with choice of Teledyne CETAC autosampler or as an upgrade to autosamplers already in operation.
Please contact Teledyne CETAC for more information on the above listed autosamplers or in regards to operating an ASXPRESS® PLUS system on non-CETAC autosamplers.